Unlicensed family entertainment centres

Family entertainment centres (FEC) will perhaps be most commonly located at seaside resorts, in airports and at motorway service centres and will cater for families, including unaccompanied children and young persons. Unlicensed FEC will be able to offer only category D machines in reliance on a gaming machine permit.

If the operator of a family entertainment centre wants to make category C machines available in addition to category D machines, the operator will need to apply for an operating licence from the Gambling Commission and a Premises Licence from the Licensing Board.

For advice or to submit an application, contact the Licensing team

Contact us
Did you find what you were looking for?

Status message

Please note, this form is anonymous, we can't reply directly to your feedback. If you would like to report an issue, make a complaint or suggestion, please Contact Us.