Aberdeen City Council provides three sites in the city of Aberdeen with a view to encouraging sustainable travel. The sites are situated on major routes into the City and offer facilities to assist commuters or visitors travelling into Aberdeen to complete their journey by sustainable means. This may be using the bus service provided in partnership with First Aberdeen and Stagecoach North Scotland, walking, cycling or car-sharing. The goal of these sites is to offer the travelling public a choice with a view to reducing traffic levels, congestion and CO2 emissions.
Park and Ride
Kingswells Park & Ride can be accessed by turning left into the site when travelling towards Aberdeen from Westhill on the A944 approximately 100 yards before the Kingswells Roundabout. The entrance to the site is shared between the Park & Ride site and the new Prime 4 Business Park. There is also an access available from the Kingswells Bypass, around 100 yards North of the Roundabout.
Bridge of Don Park & Ride can be accessed by turning off Ellon Road (A90) onto Parkway East, then right onto Exhibition Avenue which takes you right to the site.
Craibstone Park & Ride can be accessed by taking the northbound exit at the Craibstone Roundabout then turning left into the Park and Ride.
- All three sites have indoor waiting areas which are open from approximately 7am to 6pm Monday to Friday.
- The indoor waiting rooms are lit throughout, are heated and have ample seating to make the wait for your bus more comfortable. Accessible toilets are available at all three sites when the waiting rooms are open. There is no charge for the use of these facilities.
- Cycle lockers are available for rental at all three sites. To obtain further information please contact our Transport Strategy Team.
- Electric vehicle charging points are available at the Craibstone and Kingswells car parks. These are standard rate (32A 7kW) points which, if your vehicle can make full use of the supply will be able to fully charge the battery in around six hours. Please consult your vehicle documentation for further details on expected charging times.
Bridge of Don
First Bus X40 which operates between Dubford and Aberdeen Royal Infirmary via Bridge of Don Park and Ride and Aberdeen City Centre, running the full length of Union Street.
The First Bus service 16 operates between Aberdeen International Airport and Guild Street in the city centre.
The Stagecoach service 37 operates between the bus station at Union Square and Inverurie via Aberdeen Royal Infirmary and Bucksburn.
The Stagecoach service X17 operates between Elrick/Westhill and the bus station at Union Square via Kingswells Park and Ride and Woodend Hospital on a twelve minute frequency during the day.
The Stagecoach service 218 operates between Alford and the Union Square bus station five times per day from Monday to Friday and four times outbound and three times inbound on Saturdays.
The Stagecoach service 220 operates between Aberdeen Royal Infirmary and Westhill with the majority of service serving Kingswells Park and Ride.
The Central Coaches service 94/X94 provides a service around Kingswells Village allowing passengers to access the Park and Ride during the day from Monday to Friday with services during the afternoon off-peak providing links to Aberdeen Crematorium and Aberdeen Royal Infirmary.
Tickets for travel on these bus services should be bought from the driver on the bus (there is no charge for the use of the car park) or season passes can be purchased in advance from the bus operator. Please note that there are no change facilities on site and First Aberdeen services operate an exact fare service. Stagecoach Bluebird bus services have change facilities on board.
For ticket options, timetables and further information please refer to the bus operator websites:
- For journey planning information, please visit Traveline Scotland.
- For more information on the waiting facilities or to report a fault, please telephone 03000 200 292
- For more information on the Cycle Lockers or Electric Vehicle Charging Points please contact the Transport Strategy Team
- For further information about sustainable travel options in Aberdeen such as cycling or car-sharing, please visit GetAbout.
Would you like to give feedback about the new website?