A Car Club is an organisation that owns a number of cars which are shared amongst its members. Members simply have to book a car, via the phone or the internet or an app, when they need it and are charged on a pay-as-you-drive basis. As a member, it gives you access to a car when you need one without all the costs and other considerations that go with car ownership.
Members of the club benefit in that they do not have to own a car themselves, therefore saving them money in running costs and removing the need to find a parking space which can be difficult and costly in Aberdeen city centre. The Car Club provides a cheap, green and convenient alternative to car ownership and provides members with a range of cars across the city including city cars, family cars, electric cars and even hydrogen ones. In Aberdeen there is also an electric van available.
From 1st June 2022, Aberdeen City Council’s contracted car club partner is Enterprise Car Club. You will therefore be able to find Enterprise car club cars in designated car club bays on the street and in some Council-operated public car parks across the city.
In addition, Co-wheels car club also operates in Aberdeen and has done so since April 2012.
Both car clubs operate UK wide so, if you become a member in Aberdeen, it will allow you to use car club cars in many locations across the UK too.
It really is very simple
To join Enterprise car club, you can either log onto the Enterprise Website – Aberdeen Automated Daily & Hourly Car & Van Hire | Enterprise Car Club or call 0345 266 9290
To join Co-wheels Car Club you can either log onto the Co-wheels website or phone 0191 375 1050
- Just book it, drive it and return it. No need for parking permits, maintenance, taxes or insurance
- Save up to £3,500 per annum on the cost of owning a car
- Easy online bookings; you can book with as little as two minutes notice
- Collect the car yourself using your own smartcard or App (each car is fitted with a telematics unit allowing you to access the car when you have booked it)
- And most of all, the piece of mind and convenience of having a car available 24/7 without actually owning one
There are a variety of vehicles to choose from of many different sizes, all of which are clean and green – including many which are powered by electricity or hydrogen:
- Battery electric, zero emission vehicles;
- Hydrogen-powered zero emission vehicles – Enterprise (coming soon)
- Petrol hybrid vehicles
- Petrol vehicles
- City Cars
- Small family cars
- Large family cars
- A 7-seater (From July 2022) – Enterprise
- An electric van – Enterprise (from June 2022)
From 1st June 2022, you will find Enterprise car club vehicles in the following Council car club bays:
- Albyn Place (opposite Harlaw Academy) x 2 vehicles
- East Craibstone Street (Bon Accord Street end)
- West Craibstone Street (Bon Accord Crescent end)
- Hollybank Place (Holburn Street end)
- Queen Street
- Rosemount Viaduct (near Raeburn Place)
- Littlejohn Street (City Centre end)
- Rose Street (near Margaret Street)
- Gallowgate car park x 2 vehicles
- Palmerston Road (Behind Union Square)
- Stanley Street (Albyn Grove end)
- Marischal Street (Castle Street end) x 2 vehicles
- Golden Square (outer circle at South Silver Street end)
- Orchard Place (Orchard Street end)
- Thomson Street (Rosemount Place end)
- Constitution Street (Park Street end) x 2 vehicles
- Bridge of Don Library car park
- Frederick Street multi-storey car park (1st Floor)
- Deemount Road (Polmuir Road end)
- Cattofield Place (Clifton Road end)
- Byron Square car park (Northfield)
- Henry Rae Centre car park (off Manor Avenue)
- Tillydrone Community Campus (car park)
- Faulds Row (library car park)
- Upper Mastrick Way car park (at Mastrick Road end)
- Danestone Community Centre car park
- Aberdeen Science Centre car park (Constitution Street)
- Caledon House (Auchinyell Road)
Enterprise Car Club may also operate cars in Aberdeen from other locations. Go to Aberdeen Automated Daily & Hourly Car & Van Hire | Enterprise Car Club for more details
To see the other locations across the city that Co-wheels operate from, go to https://www.co-wheels.org.uk/
We are constantly reviewing the merits of adding additional locations so if you think you could benefit from a Car Club car near you, please let us know at:
Would you like to host a car club car?
Do you manage a development and want to provide your residents with an alternative to owing their own car?
Do you have employees and want to provide them with access to managed cars to use for work?
Do you want to reduce demand for private vehicle parking on your site?
Do you have unused car parking spaces and want to benefit the wider community?
If so, hosting a car club car could be the answer. To find out more, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org