A Car Club is an organisation that owns a number of cars which are shared amongst its members. Members simply have to book a car, via the phone or the internet, when they need it and are charged on a pay-as-you-drive basis.
Members of the club benefit in that they do not have to own a car themselves, therefore saving them money and removing the need to find a parking space which can be difficult in Aberdeen city centre. The Car Club provides a cheap, green and convenient alternative to car ownership.
Co-wheels was appointed and the Car Club was launched in April 2012.
Twelve cars are now located around Aberdeen at:
South Silver Street
East Craibstone Street
There are a variety of cars to choose from, most of which are under 100g/CO2 so they are clean and green. There are also different sizes:
- Hyundai i10s and Kia Picantos;
- Ford Fiestas and Kia Rios
- Vauxhall Meriva
- Kia Sedona, for those who need a 7 seater
Additional cars and car parking spaces are being looked at so if you think you could benefit from a Car Club car near you, please let us know at:
If you wish to join Co-wheels Car Club then it really is very simple. You can either log onto the Co-wheels website or phone 0845 602 8030
- Just book it, drive it and return it. No need for parking permits, maintenance, taxes or insurance
- Save up to £3,500 per annum on the cost of owning a car
- Easy online and telephone bookings; you can book with as little as one minutes notice
- Collect the car yourself using your own smartcard (each car is fitted with a telematics unit allowing you to access the car when you have booked it)
- Have a car available 24/7 without actually owning one
Would you like to give feedback about the website?