Major emergency incident planning
Coordination of emergency planning across the three North East councils in Grampian is delivered by the Grampian Emergency Planning Unit, a joint team based in Aberdeen City Council comprising of an Emergency Planning Manager and three Emergency Planning Officers.
The unit provides a 24 hour, 365 days a year first line council response for any major emergency affecting any part or all of the Grampian area.
As emergency situations arise, other council officers are brought in to coordinate the council’s response and to provide expert advice and assistance.
In the case of an emergency, the council will update the corporate website, as well as Twitter and Facebook with relevant information and advice.
The statement of delivery of the council’s response to the effects of major emergencies whatever their cause is contained within the document the Aberdeen City Council Emergency Planning Policy and Procedures.
The unit produces and maintains emergency plans in conjunction with the emergency services and other agencies to address specific potential emergencies. These include:
- Animal health diseases, for example foot and mouth disease, avian flu and rabies rest and reception centres – guidance documents are available on request.
- Aberdeen Harbour major incident contingency plan.
- Peterhead Power Station emergency plan
- Cleaner Oil and Gas Elgin major incident contingency plan
- Aberdeen Airport major incident contingency plan
- Pittodrie Stadium major incident contingency plan
- Aberdeen Exhibition and Conference Centre major incident contingency plan
- Flood warning and response plan
- RAF Stations Lossiemouth and Kinloss major incident contingency plans
- Ski Centres major incident contingency plans
- Oil spill contingency plan
- Control of Major Accident Hazards Regulations 1999: distilleries & St Fergus Gas Terminal - Pipeline Safety Regulations 1996
- Major accident hazards emergency plan. The unit provides training for officers and to familiarise them with their roles during an event.
In addition, training is available for members, chief executives and officers at the:
- Home Office,
Emergency Planning College,
Emergency Planning Manager
Grampian Emergency Planning Unit
1 Queens Gardens
Phone: 01224 633030
Fax: 01224 645647
Would you like to give feedback about the new website?