Apply for Access to Leisure
The Access to Leisure scheme is available if you live in Aberdeen City and meet one of the conditions outlined below. It makes sport, leisure and childcare accessible to everyone.
Who can apply for Access to Leisure
You can get Access to Leisure membership for 3 months if you receive:
- Contribution based Job Seeker Allowance
- Income based Job Seeker Allowance
You can get Access to Leisure membership for 6 months if you receive:
- Short term Incapacity Benefit
You can get Access to Leisure membership for 1 year if you receive:
- Asylum Seeker *
- Attendance Allowance
- Bereavement Allowance
- Carers Allowance *
- Council Tax Benefits *
- Employment and Support Allowance
- Guardians Allowance *
- Housing Benefit *
- Kinship Allowance *
- Long Term Incapacity Benefit *
- Income Support *
- Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit
- Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- Severe Disablement Allowance *
- Universal Credit *
- Widowed Parents Allowance *
- Working Tax Credit *
* If you receive any of any of these benefits you may be entitled to Family Membership which means that your spouse/partner and/or children can also get Access to Leisure membership.
You must provide documents to show that you are currently entitled to benefits and allowances, for example a current or recent award letter.
You can get lifetime Access to Leisure membership if you are 60 years of age or over.
Apply for Access to Leisure
You can apply for Access to Leisure online.
You will need to set up an online account with us so that you can track your application. If you need support completing an application using our online form, you can visit your local library where staff will be able to help you.
How to apply for Access to Leisure if you already have an Accord Card
If you already have an Accord Card you can get Access to Leisure membership added to it at any of these places:
- Marischal College Customer Service Centre
- Kincorth Customer Access Point
- Mastrick Customer Access Point
- Woodside Customer Access Point
- Any Aberdeen City library
You will need to take along the following documents if you are applying to get Access to Leisure membership added to your existing Accord Card:
- Your Accord Card.
- Proof of address, for example a utility bill or telephone bill dated within the last three months.
- Proof that you are eligible for Access to Leisure, for example a benefit award letter.
If your application is successful, your Access to Leisure membership will be available on your Accord Card immediately.
How to use Access to Leisure
You can use Access to Leisure with:
- Sport Aberdeen for free swimming and up to 50% discount on most sporting and leisure activities including golf.
- Aberdeen Sports Village for concessionary rates on all activities and memberships.
Access to Leisure also gives you half price child care, including creche facilities, playgroups, after-school and holiday clubs organised by Aberdeen City Council. Visit the Family Information Service page to find out what facilities are available for your child and in your area.
Would you like to give feedback about the website?