Customer Service Update - Coronavirus COVID-19
In line with the Scottish Government Coronavirus (COVID-19): stay at home guidance - gov.scot (www.gov.scot) which came into effect on 5 January 2021, library buildings will be closed for public access but our Click and Collect service and Home Library Service will continue to operate to support mental health, support those that are vulnerable, and support parents and families with home learning.
When using the Click and Collect service, the most important thing is that this should be done safely. Therefore to comply with the Scottish Government’s current Stay At Home guidance, visiting a library for a pre-booked Click and Collect appointment should be only made as part of a trip for essential shopping or exercise.
Click & Collect appointments are available to book at the following libraries:
Central Library, Airyhall Library, Bridge of Don Library, Cove Library, Culter Library, Dyce Library, Mastrick Library and Tillydrone Library.
Click & Collect appointment hours are 10am - 12.45pm (Monday - Saturday) and 2pm - 4.45pm (Monday - Friday), with the exception of Culter Library which will open 10am - 12.45pm & 2pm - 4.45pm (Monday - Thursday).
Please note Click and Collect pick-ups will take place at the main entrance of the library selected for collection (Media Centre entrance for Central Library).
There are currently no fines on items so please hold onto your books until you are ready to use the click and collect service or until libraries re-open.
If you have any questions which are not answered here, please email CentralLibrary@aberdeencity.gov.uk or call 01224 652500.
You can currently reserve books, audiobooks and other reading/listening materials via the Library Catalogue.
Please note that we have currently suspended the borrowing of our media catalogue including DVDs, Blu Rays and CDs. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
To do this you need to have your library card and pin number ready. Your pin number can be obtained by completing the PIN request form and will be emailed back to you or alternatively call into your library to obtain it from staff (you need to take your library membership card with you). You will be advised when your reserved item is ready for collection.
How to reserve your library loans online:
- To reserve books, please navigate to the Reserve A Book Search Page
- Select a search location. Selecting the library you wish to collect your items from will help us fulfil the reservation quicker. To search all available libraries, select 'All Open Libraries'.
- Select the type of book you would like to reserve from the list or enter search terms as required.
- Select 'Search' to view all available items at your selected location
- When you have found an item to reserve, select 'Place Reservation'.
- If you are not logged in, you will be prompted to enter your card number and PIN.
- If necessary change the Pickup Location by selecting the 'Change location' button. You must select one of the open libraries as your location. These are Central, Airyhall, Bridge of Don, Cove, Culter, Dyce, Mastrick or Tillydrone.
- Select 'Continue to confirm your choice.
- The details will appear in your account dashboard.
- You will be advised when the item is ready for collection. Alternatively, you can check the status of your reservation by selecting 'Pending Reservations' from your account dashboard.
- You will be advised when the item is ready for collection. Alternatively, you can check the status of your reservation by selecting 'Pending reservations' from your account dashboard.
Checking your library account
While logged in to the library catalogue you can also check the items you have on loan, renew any items due and check any charges on your account.
Have a smartphone? Check out the Aberdeen City Libraries App as an alternative way to keep track of your loans!