Customer Service Update - Coronavirus COVID-19
In line with the current Scottish Government's Coronavirus (COVID-19) Strategic Framework Update, Aberdeen City Libraries have reopened the following libraries for limited browsing and borrowing, and computer access:
Central Library, Airyhall Library, Bridge of Don Library, Cornhill Library, Cove Library, Culter Library, Cults Library, Dyce Library, Kincorth Library, Mastrick Library, Tillydrone Library and Woodside Library.
Bucksburn Library, Ferryhill Library and Torry Library will open for limited Click and Collect appointments only.
See individual library pages for opening hours.
At this time, Kaimhill Library and Northfield Library remained closed to the public.
There are currently no fines on items so please hold onto your books until you are ready to use the click and collect service or until libraries re-open.
If you have any questions which are not answered here, please email CentralLibrary@aberdeencity.gov.uk or call 01224 652500.
You can currently reserve books, audiobooks, other reading/listening materials and DVDs & Blu Rays via the Library Catalogue.
To do this you need to have your library card and pin number ready. Your pin number can be obtained by completing the PIN request form and will be emailed back to you or alternatively call into your library to obtain it from staff (you need to take your library membership card with you). You will be advised when your reserved item is ready for collection.
How to reserve your library loans online:
- To reserve books, please navigate to the Reserve A Book Search Page
- Select a search location. Selecting the library you wish to collect your items from will help us fulfil the reservation quicker. To search all available libraries, select 'All Open Libraries'.
- Select the type of book you would like to reserve from the list or enter search terms as required.
- Select 'Search' to view all available items at your selected location
- When you have found an item to reserve, select 'Place Reservation'.
- If you are not logged in, you will be prompted to enter your card number and PIN.
- If necessary change the Pickup Location by selecting the 'Change location' button. You must select one of the open libraries as your location.
- Select 'Continue to confirm your choice.
- The details will appear in your account dashboard.
- You will be advised when the item is ready for collection. Alternatively, you can check the status of your reservation by selecting 'Pending Reservations' from your account dashboard.
- You will be advised when the item is ready for collection. Alternatively, you can check the status of your reservation by selecting 'Pending reservations' from your account dashboard.
Checking your library account
While logged in to the library catalogue you can also check the items you have on loan, renew any items due and check any charges on your account.
Have a smartphone? Check out the Aberdeen City Libraries App as an alternative way to keep track of your loans!