Reserving library items online
You can reserve books, CDs, DVDs, videos and other library stock via the Library Catalogue.
To do this you need to have your library card and pin number ready. Your pin number can be obtained by completing the PIN request form and will be emailed back to you or alternatively call into your library to obtain it from staff (you need to take your library membership card with you). You will be advised when your reserved item is ready for collection.
How to reserve your library loans online:
- Find the item in the Library Catalogue that you want by searching by author, title, keyword etc
- Select 'View Availability'
- If available to reserve, select 'Place reservation'
- If you are not logged in enter your card number and pin and select 'Login'.
- If necessary change the Pickup Location by selecting the 'Change location' button. If you leave this unchanged, the item will be sent for collection to the library where you originally registered as a member.
- Select 'Continue' to confirm your choice.
- The details will appear in your account dashboard.
- You will be advised when the item is ready for collection. Alternatively, you can check the status of your reservation by selecting 'Pending reservations' from your account dashboard.
Checking your library account
While logged in to the library catalogue you can also check the items you have on loan, renew any items due and check any charges on your account.
Have a smartphone? Check out the Aberdeen City Libraries App as an alternative way to keep track of your loans!
Would you like to give feedback about the website?