You can currently reserve books, audiobooks, other reading/listening materials and DVDs & Blu Rays via the Library Catalogue.
To do this you need to have your library card and pin number ready. Your pin number can be obtained by completing the PIN request form and will be emailed back to you or alternatively call into your library to obtain it from staff (you need to take your library membership card with you). You will be advised when your reserved item is ready for collection.
How to reserve your library loans online:
- To reserve books, please navigate to the Reserve A Book Search Page
- Select a search location. Selecting the library you wish to collect your items from will help us fulfil the reservation quicker. To search all available libraries, select 'All Open Libraries'.
- Select the type of book you would like to reserve from the list or enter search terms as required.
- Select 'Search' to view all available items at your selected location
- When you have found an item to reserve, select 'Place Reservation'.
- If you are not logged in, you will be prompted to enter your card number and PIN.
- If necessary change the Pickup Location by selecting the 'Change location' button. You must select one of the open libraries as your location.
- Select 'Continue to confirm your choice.
- The details will appear in your account dashboard.
- You will be advised when the item is ready for collection. Alternatively, you can check the status of your reservation by selecting 'Pending Reservations' from your account dashboard.
- You will be advised when the item is ready for collection. Alternatively, you can check the status of your reservation by selecting 'Pending reservations' from your account dashboard.
Checking your library account
While logged in to the library catalogue you can also check the items you have on loan, renew any items due and check any charges on your account.
Have a smartphone or device? Check out the Aberdeen City Libraries App as a useful way to keep track of your loans!