CORONAVIRUS COVID-19 UPDATE
In line with the Scottish Government Coronavirus (COVID-19): stay at home guidance - gov.scot (www.gov.scot) which came into effect on 5 January 2021, library buildings will be closed for public access but our Click and Collect service and Home Library Service will continue to operate to support mental health, support those that are vulnerable, and support parents and families with home learning.
When using the Click and Collect service, the most important thing is that this should be done safely. Therefore to comply with the Scottish Government’s current Stay At Home guidance, visiting a library for a pre-booked Click and Collect appointment should be only made as part of a trip for essential shopping or exercise.
Click & Collect appointments are available to book at the following libraries:
Central Library, Airyhall Library, Bridge of Don Library, Cove Library, Culter Library, Dyce Library, Mastrick Library and Tillydrone Library.
Click & Collect appointment hours are 10am - 12.45pm (Monday - Saturday) and 2pm - 4.45pm (Monday - Friday), with the exception of Culter Library which will open 10am - 12.45pm & 2pm - 4.45pm (Monday - Thursday).
Please note Click and Collect pick-ups will take place at the main entrance of the library selected for collection (Media Centre entrance for Central Library).
There are currently no fines on items so please hold onto your books until you are ready to use the click and collect service or until libraries re-open.
If you have any questions which are not answered here, please email CentralLibrary@aberdeencity.gov.uk or call 01224 652500.
Multimedia Library (over 12s only)
Please note that the multimedia library service has temporarily suspended during phase 3 of lockdown restrictions.
- 15 CDs (as part of your loan limit) £1 per item (50p Residents Card/Visitors Pass/Concessions)
- 2 Language Courses £1 per item (50p Residents Card/Visitors Pass/Concession)
- 4 DVDs or Blu-ray Discs £2.10 per item (£1.10 Residents Card/Visitors Pass/Concession)
- 2 DVD Box Sets (4 Discs +) £3.50 per item (£2.25 Residents Card/Visitors Pass/ Concession)
Photocopying and Printing
Photocopying and scanning is currently unavailable due to the library buildings being closed for public access. For more information on this service, visit our Free Internet and Computer Access webpage.
- A4 Black & White 15p
- A3 Black & White 30p
- A4 Colour 30p
- A3 Colour 60p
- Separate charges apply. Download a copy of the Local Studies charging policy below.
This service has temporarily been suspended as the Information Centre is currently closed.
- Send within UK & Europe £1.20 for first page; 60p per page thereafter
- Send elsewhere £2.10 for first page; £1.20 per page thereafter
- Receive £1.20 for first page, 30p per page thereafter. (UK, Europe or elsewhere)
Fax services are only available at the Information Centre in the Central Library.
- Free access at all libraries
Fines have been temporarily suspended as of Friday 20 March due to the coronavirus situation.
- 50p per week or part of a week - items five weeks and more overdue £4 each.
- DVDs 20p per day or part of a day - items eight weeks and more overdue £10 each.
- DVD Box Sets 25p per day or part of a day - items eight weeks and more overdue £15.
- Language Courses £1.10 per week of part of a week - items five weeks and more overdue £5.
Inter Library Loans
Inter Library Loans have temporarily been suspended due to the coronavirus situation.
- Book or Journal Article Request: £6; Renewals £3
N.B. Fines £1 per day to maximum of £10 per item for books
- Orchestral Sets: £18; Renewals £9
N.B. Fines £2 per day to maximum of £20 for Orchestral Sets
The sale of miscellaneous items has temporarily been suspended during phase 3 of exiting lockdown.
- Badge components £6 per bag of 50
- CD-Rs 50p
- CD-RWs £1
- DVD-Rs £1
- DVD-RWs £1.50
- Batteries 50p each; £2 per pack
- Jute Bags £2
- Mini DVD-Rs £3.50
- Mini DVD-RWs £4.60
- USB Memory sticks (2GB) £3.50
- Headphones (Earbud) £3.50
- Headphone (Soft Ear) £2.50
- Replacement of lost Membership Cards £2 (Adults) (£1 concessions)
- Postcards 30p each or 4 for £1
- Lettercards 40p each or 3 for £1
- Map Reproductions £1.50