Fines and charges
CORONAVIRUS COVID-19 UPDATE
In response to the latest government advice on the coronavirus, Aberdeen City Libraries has taken the difficult decision to close all our libraries as of 5pm this evening Friday 20 March.
The wellbeing of our visitors and staff is our number one priority and this decision has been taken to prevent further spread of the virus; protect employee and public health; and to ensure we can continue to deliver public services, especially to those who need us most.
The Council will continue to monitor and review the situation, taking account of evolving government guidance. Updates on re-openings will be announced when known.
If you have any questions, please contact us through social media or email CentralLibrary@aberdeencity.gov.uk.
Updated information is available via our website - https://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/services/libraries-and-archives/aberdeen-city-libraries-service-delivery-update
Multimedia Library (over 12s only)
- 15 CDs (as part of your loan limit) £1 per item (50p Residents Card/Visitors Pass/Concessions)
- 2 Language Courses £1 per item (50p Residents Card/Visitors Pass/Concession)
- 4 DVDs or Blu-ray Discs £2.10 per item (£1.10 Residents Card/Visitors Pass/Concession)
- 2 DVD Box Sets (4 Discs +) £3.50 per item (£2.25 Residents Card/Visitors Pass/ Concession)
- A4 Black & White 15p
- A3 Black & White 30p
- A4 Colour 30p
- A3 Colour 60p
- Separate charges apply. Download a copy of the Local Studies charging policy below.
- Send within UK & Europe £1.20 for first page; 60p per page thereafter
- Send elsewhere £2.10 for first page; £1.20 per page thereafter
- Receive £1.20 for first page, 30p per page thereafter. (UK, Europe or elsewhere)
Fax services are only available at the Information Centre in the Central Library.
- Free access.
- Printing is 15p per A4 sheet for black and white printing or 30p per A4 sheet for colour printing.
- 50p per week or part of a week - items five weeks and more overdue £4 each.
- DVDs 20p per day or part of a day - items eight weeks and more overdue £10 each.
- DVD Box Sets 25p per day or part of a day - items eight weeks and more overdue £15.
- Language Courses £1.10 per week of part of a week - items five weeks and more overdue £5.
Inter Library Loans
- Book or Journal Article Request: £6; Renewals £3
N.B. Fines £1 per day to maximum of £10 per item for books
- Orchestral Sets: £18; Renewals £9
N.B. Fines £2 per day to maximum of £20 for Orchestral Sets
- Badge components £6 per bag of 50
- CD-Rs 50p
- CD-RWs £1
- DVD-Rs £1
- DVD-RWs £1.50
- Batteries 50p each; £2 per pack
- Jute Bags £2
- Mini DVD-Rs £3.50
- Mini DVD-RWs £4.60
- USB Memory sticks (2GB) £3.50
- Headphones (Earbud) £3.50
- Headphone (Soft Ear) £2.50
- Replacement of lost Membership Cards £2 (Adults) (£1 concessions)
- Postcards 30p each or 4 for £1
- Lettercards 40p each or 3 for £1
- Map Reproductions £1.50
Would you like to give feedback about the website?