CORONAVIRUS COVID-19 UPDATE
Aberdeen City Libraries has now opened Central Library, Airyhall Library, Bridge of Don Library, Cove Library, Dyce Library and Mastrick Library and Tillydrone Library for limited browsing and computer access.
The opening hours are 10am - 1pm (Monday - Saturday) and 2pm - 5pm (Monday - Friday). Central and Children's Library will open for an hour for vulnerable patrons from 9am - 10am on Tuesdays and Thursdays. Please note that the Information Centre at Central Library remains closed at this time.
Alongside the reintroduction of limited browsing, computer access and research appointments, we will continue to provide our Click and Collect service, Home Library Service and maintain full access to our wide range of digital online resources including eBooks and eNewspapers.
For computer access, to ensure physical distancing there will be fewer PCs available at each site, so sessions will be limited to 50 minutes and must be booked in advance online or by phone.
Once the Scottish Government has approved the move into Phase 4 of exiting Lockdown, we will layout our roadmap for the reinstatement of services for the rest of 2020 and moving into 2021.
We appreciate that many of you are looking forward to visiting your local library however we will not be re-introducing a full service until we are confident that we can do so safely. Updates on the next steps towards reopening will be available on this page and our social media channels.
There are currently no fines on items so please hold onto your books until you are ready to use the click and collect service or until libraries re-open.
If you have any questions which are not answered here, please email CentralLibrary@aberdeencity.gov.uk or call 01224 652500.
Updated information is available via our website - https://www.aberdeencity.gov.uk/services/libraries-and-archives/aberdeen-city-libraries-service-delivery-update
Multimedia Library (over 12s only)
Please note that the multimedia library service has temporarily suspended during phase 3 of lockdown restrictions.
- 15 CDs (as part of your loan limit) £1 per item (50p Residents Card/Visitors Pass/Concessions)
- 2 Language Courses £1 per item (50p Residents Card/Visitors Pass/Concession)
- 4 DVDs or Blu-ray Discs £2.10 per item (£1.10 Residents Card/Visitors Pass/Concession)
- 2 DVD Box Sets (4 Discs +) £3.50 per item (£2.25 Residents Card/Visitors Pass/ Concession)
Photocopying and Printing
Photocopying and scanning is now available as of Tuesday 1 December. For more information on this service, visit our Free Internet and Computer Access webpage.
- A4 Black & White 15p
- A3 Black & White 30p
- A4 Colour 30p
- A3 Colour 60p
- Separate charges apply. Download a copy of the Local Studies charging policy below.
This service has temporarily been suspended as the Information Centre is currently closed.
- Send within UK & Europe £1.20 for first page; 60p per page thereafter
- Send elsewhere £2.10 for first page; £1.20 per page thereafter
- Receive £1.20 for first page, 30p per page thereafter. (UK, Europe or elsewhere)
Fax services are only available at the Information Centre in the Central Library.
- Free access at all libraries
Fines have been temporarily suspended as of Friday 20 March due to the coronavirus situation.
- 50p per week or part of a week - items five weeks and more overdue £4 each.
- DVDs 20p per day or part of a day - items eight weeks and more overdue £10 each.
- DVD Box Sets 25p per day or part of a day - items eight weeks and more overdue £15.
- Language Courses £1.10 per week of part of a week - items five weeks and more overdue £5.
Inter Library Loans
Inter Library Loans have temporarily been suspended due to the coronavirus situation.
- Book or Journal Article Request: £6; Renewals £3
N.B. Fines £1 per day to maximum of £10 per item for books
- Orchestral Sets: £18; Renewals £9
N.B. Fines £2 per day to maximum of £20 for Orchestral Sets
The sale of miscellaneous items has temporarily been suspended during phase 3 of exiting lockdown.
- Badge components £6 per bag of 50
- CD-Rs 50p
- CD-RWs £1
- DVD-Rs £1
- DVD-RWs £1.50
- Batteries 50p each; £2 per pack
- Jute Bags £2
- Mini DVD-Rs £3.50
- Mini DVD-RWs £4.60
- USB Memory sticks (2GB) £3.50
- Headphones (Earbud) £3.50
- Headphone (Soft Ear) £2.50
- Replacement of lost Membership Cards £2 (Adults) (£1 concessions)
- Postcards 30p each or 4 for £1
- Lettercards 40p each or 3 for £1
- Map Reproductions £1.50