Aberdeen City Libraries supports many book groups across the city, both independent groups and those which meet in libraries.
If you are interested in reading and sharing your thoughts with likeminded people, why not join a book group? There are number which meet in libraries and community venues across the city. Alternatively we can also provide advice and support to people who would like to set up their own group.
Looking for a book group?
Simply find one at a time and location that suits and come along to the next meeting. All welcome.
Please note - Book groups which meet in Libraries are currently suspended.
- Bridge of Don Book Group at Bridge of Don Library, Scotstown Road
Meets first Wednesday of every month at 5.45pm
- Bucksburn Book Group at Bucksburn Library, Kepplehills Road
Meets third Tuesday of every month at 2pm.
This group is currently fully subscribed. Please contact library staff for more details.
- Central Library Book Group at Central Library, Rosemount Viaduct
Meets last Saturday of every month at 2.15pm (except December)
- Cornhill Book Group at Cornhill Library, Cornhill Drive
Meets first Tuesday of every month at 2pm
- Culter Book Group at Culter Library, North Deeside Road
Meets last Monday of every month at 5.30pm
- Dyce Book Group at Dyce Library, Riverview Drive
Meets last Wednesday of every month at 5.45pm
- ABZ Reading Group at Bonnymuir Community Green, Bonnymuir Place
- Meets first Monday of every month at 6.30pm
- Ferryhill Book Group at Ferryhill Community Centre, Albury Road
Meets second Monday of every month at 7.30pm
- Midstocket Book Group at Community Association rooms in Mile End Nursery building
Meets third Thursday of the month from 1pm to 3pm
- Rosemount Book Group at Rosemount Community Centre, Belgrave Terrace
Meets last Wednesday of every month from 7.30pm to 9pm
This group is currently fully subscribed. Please contact Rosemount Community Centre for more details.
Can I set up my own group?
Yes, if you would like to set up your own book group, Aberdeen City Libraries supports book groups which meet in Aberdeen City. Book group membership allows groups to borrow multiple copies of a title for free.
What we offer
Access to a dedicated Book Group Collection of approximately 100 titles containing 12 copies of each title. Our dedicated Book Group Collection is regularly reviewed and updated with input from book group members. The full list is available to view:
Book Group sets are sent to an Aberdeen City library
of the group's choosing at no cost and with no charge for late fees. Groups may also request and borrow multiple copies of a title from the general library collection and can include copies in alternative formats.
We also keep our book group members regularly updated with news and information about upcoming events in Aberdeen City Libraries. In addition we also offer help and support to new groups just getting started.
Groups wishing to use our Book Group service are asked to complete the Book Group Agreement available below and provide the following information:
- A named contact who will be the main liaison between the group and the library service.
- Number of people in the group
- Where, when and how often the group will meet
- If the group wishes to be added to our list of publicly promoted groups
- An Aberdeen City library of the group’s choosing to act as the collection point for sets
If you would like to use the Book Group service please contact the Reader Development Librarian for more information. Call 01224 652 500 or email email@example.com