Customer Service Update - Coronavirus COVID-19
Due to Covid-19 restrictions currently CRIS resources can only be collected from and returned to CRIS at Lochside Academy by pre-arranged appointment.
Please fill out the Topic Request Form with as much information as possible. Once we have prepared your Topic Box we will contact you to arrange a collection appointment and supply further information. The collection point will be non-contact, however we ask that you wear a face covering on arrival. Please do not enter the school - directions to the collection point will be provided.
Reservations cannot be made online however a full list of resources is available to browse on our online catalogue.
For any queries please contact CRIS on firstname.lastname@example.org
The Council will continue to monitor and review the situation, taking account of the evolving government guidance. Updates on changes to these arrangements will be announced when known.
CRIS provides a specialist curricular resources and information service to staff involved in meeting the educational and social developmental needs of children and young people.
All Aberdeen City Council employees who work with school age children can borrow up to 50 items (maximum limits apply to each media type).
Registered pre-school education providers who are in partnership with Aberdeen City Council may borrow up to 30 items (maximum limits apply to each media type).
To make a request for specific subject areas, please use the Topic Request Form
If you would like to register to use this service complete the CRIS membership form.
Contact CRIS for:
- Resources to help teaching staff and LRC Co-ordinators deliver the curriculum.
- Resources to support the continuing professional development of staff working with children and young people.
- Resources to support the social development of children and young people.
- Information about educational resources and suppliers.
Lochside Academy Wellington Circle Altens Aberdeen AB12 3JG 01224 241760 CRIS@aberdeencity.gov.uk
Contact the Learning Development team for:
- Continuing professional development for staff involved in education and child development.
- Advice and training on developing and designing school libraries, including the use of library management systems.
- Advice and training on self-evaluation of school libraries and preparation for inspection.
- Advice on the promotion of literacy.
- Advice on copyright in education.
Early Years Librarian
Young People's Librarian