In line with Scottish Government & Aberdeen City Council guidelines and to ensure the safety of our staff and customers, we will be introducing a Library book pick up service from Wednesday 22 July.
How to library book pick up service
Library members will be able to collect their order from one of the following libraries:
You can order a selection of books for adults, children and families (based on your preferences e.g. crime, classics, non-fiction, etc) for collection and return any items you currently have out on loan.
Slots will be available between 10.00am - 1.00pm (Monday-Saturday) & 2.00pm - 5.00pm, (Monday-Friday) with the exception of Tillydrone Library which will run between 2.00pm - 5.00pm (Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday).
Bookings for library book pick ups can be made online via the link below. Phone bookings can be made by calling 01224 652500 between 10.00am-12.45pm (Monday-Saturday) or 2pm-4.45pm (Monday-Friday).
Visiting the library
We want to reassure our library customers that we are following strict quarantine guidelines with returned books being placed into storage for 72 hours before being returned to stock rotation.
Please take note of the following information & safety measures and ensure that they are adhered to at all times.
- Collection slots MUST be pre-booked via the booking form or by telephone. Please do not come to any library to return or borrow books unless you have a pre-booked slot. You WILL be asked to leave;
- You should arrive no more than 5 minutes prior to your pre-booked collection timeslot;
- One member of a household will be permitted entry with the exception of those with carers and those with children under the age of 16;
- You should follow all signposted instructions and one-way systems;
- You must be arrive in time for your allocated collection timeslot, late arrivals may not be able to collect their items;
- It is your responsibility to observe the 2-metre social distancing rule from others, however floor markings will indicate distance between customers;
- Toilet facilities will not be available;
- Access to browsing will not be available;
- Access to computers will not be available;
- Travel restrictions outlined by the Scottish Government should always be adhered to: https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-staying-at-home-and-away-from-others/pages/exercise/
- Physical distancing rules outlined by the Scottish Government should always be adhered to: https://www.nhsinform.scot/illnesses-and-conditions/infections-and-poisoning/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-covid-19-physical-distancing
- If you are in the highest risk (shielding) group outlined by the government, then contact us to enquire about the Home Library Service;
- Categories are outlines here https://www.gov.scot/publications/covid-shielding/pages/highest-risk-classification/