In line with Scottish Government & Aberdeen City Council guidelines and to ensure the safety of our staff and customers, during COVID-19 Protection Level 4 our library buildings will be closed to the public from Saturday 26 December. Our Library book pick up service will be available from Tuesday 29 December.
How to use the library book pick up service
In addition to limited browsing, library members are able to pre-order items for collection from one of the following libraries:
Using the online booking form you can order a selection of books for adults, children and families (based on your preferences e.g. crime, classics, non-fiction, etc).
Alternatively you can make a reservation via Spydus and then book a slot to collect your reservation. In line with current guidance, slots are available at 15 minute intervals and limited to one customer per slot.
Slots will be available between 10.00am - 12.45pm (Monday-Saturday) & 2.00pm - 4.45pm (Monday-Friday), with the exception of Culter Library which will be open 10am - 12.45pm & 2pm - 4.45pm (Monday-Thursday).
Bookings for library book pick ups can be made online via the link below. Phone bookings can be made by calling 01224 652500 between 10.00am-12.45pm (Monday-Saturday) or 2pm-4.45pm (Monday-Friday).
Visiting the library
We want to reassure our library customers that we are following strict quarantine guidelines with returned books being placed into storage for 72 hours before being returned to stock rotation.
Please take note of the following information & safety measures and ensure that they are adhered to at all times.
- You should arrive no more than 5 minutes prior to your pre-booked collection timeslot;
- One member of a household will be permitted entry with the exception of those with carers and those with children under the age of 16;
- You should follow all signposted instructions and one-way systems;
- You must be arrive in time for your allocated collection timeslot, late arrivals may not be able to collect their items;
- It is your responsibility to observe the 2-metre social distancing rule from others, however floor markings will indicate distance between customers;
- Toilet facilities will not be available;
- Travel restrictions outlined by the Scottish Government should always be adhered to: https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-staying-at-home-and-away-from-others/pages/exercise/
- Physical distancing rules outlined by the Scottish Government should always be adhered to: https://www.nhsinform.scot/illnesses-and-conditions/infections-and-poisoning/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-covid-19-physical-distancing
- If you are in the highest risk (shielding) group outlined by the government, then contact us to enquire about the Home Library Service;
- Categories are outlines here https://www.gov.scot/publications/covid-shielding/pages/highest-risk-classification/