Aberdeen Reads Challenge: The Great Staycation!
Aberdeen Reads Challenge returns!
26 June to 21 August 2021
Can you help us get Library Bear all the way round Scotland and home again before the summer ends?
Challenge yourself this summer!
Running from Saturday 26 June until Saturday 21 August, this challenge is open to people of all ages, so get family and friends involved and encourage each other to keep reading over the summer and help us send Library Bear on his holidays!
What will it involve?
- For every book read or challenge completed, Library Bear will travel 10 miles around the Scottish Coast.
- Complete as many of our 8 challenges or read as many books as possible and help us send Library Bear on his travels.
- The more books you read or challenges you complete, the further Library Bear can travel!
How do I take part
- Register as an individual or a group using our registration form
- Everyone who participates will be entered into a prize draw. Additional prize draws for those who help Library Bear travel the furthest.
- Once you've read a book or completed a challenge, let us know how you’re getting on and ‘claim’ your miles.
- There are a few different ways you can claim your miles:
- at your nearest open Aberdeen City library,
- via our social media and email,
- Download and return a challenge card at the end of the challenge or
- Use the form below to claim your miles as you go!
- Aberdeen Reads - The Great Staycation - Claim your miles here
To help you track your progress, you can download your challenge card here.
You can sign up for updates from Aberdeen Reads by registering for our newsletter and choosing to receive information from Aberdeen Libraries.