Community Festive Fund
The Community Festive Fund was established to encourage organisations and groups to come together within their own communities during the Christmas and Hogmanay period to celebrate community wellbeing and togetherness.
The fund can provide a small financial grant to individual community groups and organisations who are arranging a celebration for their local community or continuing to grow and develop an existing event which may already be held in Aberdeen City.
Groups may receive up to £350 for Christmas events and £500 for Hogmanay events, subject to eligibility and money available in the fund once all applications have been received for consideration.
- The Christmas event must be held between 18 November and 30 December 2019 in Aberdeen City.
- The Hogmanay event must be held between 31 December and 2 January 2020 in Aberdeen City.
- We will only consider one application per group.
- Applicants must be a constituted group or organisation.
- The event must take place in a venue in Aberdeen City for the benefit of the local community.
- The funding can be used for the purposes of entertainment, venue hire, transport, staffing, decoration or catering.
- None of the money requested or received can be used for the purchase or supply of alcohol at the proposed event.
For more information on what's eligible for funding, please see the Community Festive Fund Guidance Notes in the Related documents section below.
If your application is successful, you must provide receipts for all purchases made up to and including the amount of financial support received from Aberdeen City Council as proof of expenditure. These must be returned no later than two weeks after the event.
We have introduced a '3 strikes' policy which means that successful group applications will only be granted funding for three consecutive years before sitting out a year.
If your group has received support in the past but you haven't complied with the requirements, including submitting receipts after the event, we will take this into consideration when deciding on applications for future funding support.
If you do not comply with any or all of the above criteria, we will ask you to repay any funds you've been awarded.
How to apply
Please download the application form in the related documents section below. The deadline for applications is 12 noon on Friday 18 October 2019. You can email your application to email@example.com or post it to:
Community Festive Fund
Aberdeen City Council
For more information, please contact the City Events team on 01224 522802 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Would you like to give feedback about the website?