Armed Forces Day - Road Closures
Road Closures and Parking Restrictions
The following traffic restrictions will be in place to allow the parade to pass safely:
Friday 28 June
No Parking from 6.00pm on 28 June until 12.00 on 29 June on:
- The north side of Albyn Place between its junctions with Albyn Grove and Rubislaw Place. Parade vehicles will be exempt.
Saturday 29 June
Roads closed from 9.00am to 11.30am:
- Albyn Place between its junctions with Albyn Grove and Victoria Street
- Alford Place, Aberdeen, between its junctions with Victoria Street and Union Street
Roads closed from 10.30am to 12.30pm:
- Back Wynd between its junctions with Schoolhill and Union Street
Roads closed from 10.45am to 12.30pm:
- Union Street between its junctions with Holburn Street and Castle Street
- Castle Street between its junctions with Union Street and King Street
- King Street between its junctions with Castle Street and West North Street
- Chapel Street between its junctions with Union Street and Thistle Street
Alternative routes will be available.
Suspension of no right turns from 10.45 to 12.30pm:
- From King Street on to West North Street
- From Rosemount Viaduct on to Skene Street
- From Holburn Street on to Willowbank Road
No left turns from 10.45am to 12.30pm
- From Hadden Street on to Market Street
The one-way restriction will be suspended from 10.45am to 12.30pm:
- On Exchequer Row and Shiprow.
No waiting from 10.00am to 1.00pm with the exception of any waiting taxi, on the West side of Chapel Street, north of the junction with Thistle Street for 53 metres or thereby. Also, on the west side of Union Terrace, between its junctions with Union Street and Diamond Place. These areas provide a temporary Taxi ranks for this period.
Later opening time for car park:
Due to the road closures nearby, the Marischal College car park which is accessed from Queen Street, will open later than usual at 1.00pm. All other city centre car parks will be open as normal.
For more information or to register to take part please contact:
City Events Officer
Aberdeen City Council
Would you like to give feedback about the website?