Doing your own alterations and improvements

You must get written permission from us first if you want to:

  • Alter, improve or enlarge the house, fittings and fixtures.
  • Add new fixtures or fittings (for example kitchen or bathroom installations,central heating or other fixed heaters, double glazing, or any kind of external aerial or satellite dish).
  • Put up a garage, shed , vehicle runway, greenhouse, pigeon loft, fence, wall or other structure.
  • Decorate the outside of the house.

We will not refuse permission unreasonably. We may grant permission with conditions, including conditions regarding the standard of the work.

All our properties are included in a rolling programme of housing improvements including painting and repair to the outside of the properties and major work such as replacement of windows, doors or central heating.

Contact details

Postal address

Sales and Consents Unit
Business Hub 10
Level 2 South
Marischal College
Broad Street
AB10 1AB

01224 522136

Did you find what you were looking for?

Status message

Please note, this form is anonymous, we can't reply directly to your feedback. If you would like to report an issue, make a complaint or suggestion, please Contact Us.