Property Level Protection flood grant
Aberdeen City Council is running a 50 per cent funded grant scheme to help residents protect their property from flooding. The grant will only apply for those private homes that meet the at least one of the following criteria:
- The property has been internally flooded previously and actual damage has been sustained.
- The property is located on an area in risk of flooding shown on the SEPA flooding maps.
- The property is located on an area in risk of flooding shown on the Integrated Catchment Study Model.
Initially, you can apply for up to £100 to cover the cost of a survey to determine if property level protection will be suitable for the property as well as the type of protection that could be installed.
Households that meet the criteria will receive a grant of up to 50 per cent of the installation cost of Property Level Protection, up to a maximum of £2500. The grant will be paid out retrospectively once you provide proof of what you have spent. The property protection, once it has been installed, must meet at least two of the following criteria:
- The products used are European kite marked.
- The products used are from the suggested list of manufacturers.
- Flood survey has been undertaken to determine appropriate property level protections.
In order to support the application for payment, you should add:
- Photographs of property and the improvements made.
- Proof of expenditure.
- Technical data of the materials used.
- Map with the location of the property.
- Enclose a copy of the letter approving your grant application.
How to apply for both grants
Download the application form:
Please do not send bank details with your application. If your application is successful, we will contact you to arrange payment of the grant.
You can return the application form in one of the following ways:
- Email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hand in your application form and any evidence to the Marischal College Customer Service Centre or any Customer Access Point.
- Post your application form and any evidence to:
Team Leader (Flooding)
Aberdeen City Council
If you have any queries, call 03000 200 292 and a member of the team will be able to help.
We aim to let you know the outcome of your application within 10 working days.
Would you like to give feedback about the website?