Switch off your engine for cleaner air in Aberdeen.
Running your engine unnecessarily while your vehicle is stationary pollutes the environment, costs money and is against the law.
- An idling engine can produce up to twice as many exhaust emissions as an engine in motion
- Exhaust emissions contain a range of air pollutants such as carbon monoxide, nitrogen dioxide, hydrocarbons and particulate matter
- Traffic fumes can make asthma conditions worse
- Children are more vulnerable to air pollution because they breathe 50% more air per pound of body weight than adults
- If you are going to be parked for more than 30 seconds, turn off your engine – idling your engine uses more fuel than it takes to re-start your engine