Larissa Gordon – Virtual School Head Teacher
Larissa took up post of Virtual School Head Teacher in November 2015. This post is the first of its kind in Scotland and demonstrates the commitment of Aberdeen City Council to its Looked After (Care Experienced) Children. Before taking up this post, Larissa was Depute Head at Oldmachar Academy in Aberdeen. She brings with her a wealth of experience in learning and teaching, curriculum design, leadership and management and pastoral care.
As a Depute Head, she developed effective partnerships with a range of organisations and businesses, implemented procedures to raise achievement and attainment and successfully supported children and families. Whilst a DHT Larissa was appointed as Aberdeen City Council's representative for School Leaders Scotland (SLS) which enables her to keep abreast of the latest developments in Scottish education.
Larissa is passionate about young people being supported to succeed in all aspects of their life. As lead corporate parent for education she aims to make sure that Looked After (Care Experienced) Children and Young People have the same opportunities as their peers who are not Looked After (Care Experienced) to benefit from high quality education through Curriculum for Excellence, including progression to further and higher education. Through an effective multi-agency and strategically co-ordinated approach she aims to level the playing field for our Looked After (Care Experienced) Children in Aberdeen City.
Virtual School Headteacher
Education and Children's Services
Aberdeen City Council
Business Hub 13
Elaine Law – Virtual School Education Support Officer
Elaine joined the Virtual School in November 2019 having worked across a range of school provisions in secondary Guidance & Pupil Support, residential, Additional Support Needs and alternative provision schools.
Elaine's main roles are:
- Working with schools, other professionals, parents and carers providing support and advice
- Supporting education pathways & positive destination planning for Looked After (Care Experienced) Children and Young People
- Delivering training to professionals
- Developing partnerships with local organisations to better support our looked after young people
- Part of working groups continually striving for improvements in systems and supportive processes for our care experienced children & young people