This summer holiday, we are launching a Summer of Play bumper programme with our partners to support the wellbeing of children and young people across the City who have been impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic.
There is a huge range of free activities based on what our young people and their families told us they missed most during lockdown. Activities on offer include sports and games in our greenspaces, outdoor learning with our Countryside Rangers, Arts and Crafts and Music sessions. There is lots of choice so we can have fun with our friends and families and get active.
You can book the following sporting activities on our Partners, Sport Aberdeen website:
- Family Fun Session at RGU Sport
- Family Fun sessions at Aberdeen Sport Village
- BMX/Skate Camps
- Coasteering and Rock Scrambling
- Mountain Biking
- Gorge Walking
- Family Footgolf Sessions
- Family Ice Skating Sessions
- Family Tubing Sessions
- Active Starts/ Future Membership
- Relaxed Ice Skating Sessions
- Relaxed Tennis Sessions
- Relaxed Tubing Sessions
- Relaxed Canoeing Sessions
- Parent & Child with Additional Support Needs Swimming Sessions
- Open Skiing Sessions for children with Additional Support Needs
To allow as many people as possible to participate in the Summer of Play, sessions are for Aberdeen City residents and those children attending Aberdeen City schools and nurseries.
Some of our activities are targeted to support those families on low incomes; children and young people living within our community regeneration areas; children and young people who have additional support needs and/or a sibling with additional support needs; care experienced young people and young carers. These groups will be prioritised for some activities.
Keep up to date on events on our social media and follow #abdnsummerofplay
For more information please read our frequently asked questions.
When you click on the booking link you will be taken to our bookings site to complete your request:
- Please select the activity you wish to book and click on the calendar date
- Use the arrows on the calendar to select the month. Our activities will be held during the school holidays dates of 5 July - 13 August.
- The dates in black bold are when there are available slots
- Select a time
- To complete your booking please provide the requested information on the participant.