Usually within 4 weeks. From June to September we receive a lot of applications, and we process them as quickly as possible. We do not start making payments till mid-July.
Apply for a school clothing grant
We can, in some circumstances, provide a grant towards the costs of school clothing and footwear if you receive certain benefits.
The current grant is £55 for primary school pupils and £60 for secondary school pupils. For pupils of statutory school age the grant is paid to parents; for pupils over statutory school age the grant is paid to the student.
You can apply for a school clothing grant if you or your family receive any of these benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seeker's Allowance (JSA)
- Any income related element of Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Child Tax Credit (CTC), but not Working Tax Credit, and your annual income is less than £16,105
- Both maximum Child Tax Credit and maximum Working Tax Credit and your annual income is less £6,420
- Universal Credit, and your monthly income is not more than £610
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Reduction
You can only apply for children attending school or about to enter Primary 1. If you are an eligible student who receives an Education Maintenance Allowance you can apply for a school clothing grant for yourself.
You can download the application form for a school clothing grant below:
For more information, please contact us or see the frequently asked questions below.
School Clothing Grants
Aberdeen City Council
Business Hub 13
Second Floor North
Frequently asked questions
You can apply for a school clothing grant once per child in any financial year i.e. between 1 April and 31 March.
You can choose to either have the money paid into a bank account which accepts BACS payments or you can receive a cheque.
When applying for a footwear and clothing grant you will need to show proof of benefit received as stated in the application form.
Would you like to give feedback about the website?