Change your address

Please let us know as soon as possible if you are you moving or if there is a change of circumstances at your address as this may affect the amount of Council Tax you have to pay.

Please use the online form to tell us if you are:

  • Moving between properties in Aberdeen.
  • Moving into Aberdeen from a property outwith the Aberdeen City Council area.
  • Moving away from Aberdeen to a property outwith the Aberdeen City Council area.

If you are selling your property in Aberdeen, please ensure you have the new owner(s) full name and any contact details to hand. We will be unable to update your account without the full name of the new owner(s).

Please be aware that if you cancel your Direct Debt before we update your address, you will automatically be issued a revised bill up to the end of the financial year. You will receive another bill once we update your address.

Where you submit your change of address via our online form, your Council Tax account may be updated by automated processing. More information about this can be found on our Council Tax Privacy Notice page or on our FAQ's page.

Anyone who has an interest in a property must contact us within 21 days to let us know of the change that will happen so that we can send you an accurate bill. If you do not give us this information or you give us information which is not true, you may have to pay a penalty of £50. If you fail to supply the information again, you may have to pay another penalty of £200.


If you are a landlord or leasing agent, you must notify us of any changes to the tenancies of your property within 21 days. Failure to do so may result in the landlord being held liable and more evidence may then be required to correct liability.

You can tell us about a change of tenancy at a property you own using our online form

All landlords should be registered with Aberdeen City Council. You can find out more information about Landlord Registration on the Private Landlord Registration page.

Register of electors

Telling us you have moved house does not automatically change your entry in the register of electors. See the Register to vote page for more details about how you can update this.

Did you find what you were looking for?

Status message

Please note, this form is anonymous, we can't reply directly to your feedback. If you would like to report an issue, make a complaint or suggestion, please Contact Us.