The Council Committee structure is as follows:
- Audit, Risk and Scrutiny Committee
- Communities, Housing and Infrastructure Committee
- Education and Children's Services Committee
- Finance, Policy and Resources Committee
- Licensing Committee
- Pensions Committee
- Petitions Committee
- Planning Development Management Committee
Each Committee has its own distinctive remit which allows it to make decisions. These are known as the Committee Orders of Reference. The Committees meet on an eight week cycle. See the dates of upcoming meetings.
The business of Council and its Committees is governed by the Council's Standing Orders. These are a set of rules which govern the procedures to be followed prior to and at Council and Committee meetings.
Officers also make decisions that help the Council govern and provide services. The Council has delegated powers to officers to give them the authority to make decisions in its behalf. These are outlined in detail in the Scheme of Delegation.
Would you like to give feedback about the new website?