About the Local Licensing Forum
The Aberdeen Local Licensing Forum was established in 2007, as required by the Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005. The Forum has been set up to keep the operation of the Licensing (Scotland) Act under review, and to give advice and make recommendations to the Licensing Board. The Board must have regard to any advice given, or recommendations made by the Forum, and where the Board decides not to follow the advice or recommendation, it must give the Forum reasons for the decision. The Board and Forum hold a joint meeting on an annual basis.
Forums can vary in membership from 5 to 21 members. The Licensing Act states that the Forum must include members who are representative of the key interest areas:
- holders of premises licences and personal licences
- the Chief Constable for the police area in which the Forum is situated
- persons having functions relating to health, education or social work
- young people
- persons resident within the Forum's area
- a Licensing Standards Officer
When does the Forum meet?
The Forum meets five times a year. You can view agendas and minutes here.
How can I contact the Forum?
You can contact the Forum by email on firstname.lastname@example.org