The Temporary Restrictions Fund (TRF), provided by the Scottish Government and administered by Aberdeen City Council will make temporary financial support available to those services who are currently only permitted to operate for vulnerable children or those of key workers.
Round 3 of the Temporary Restrictions Fund will offer support specifically to the school age childcare PVI sector in light of prolonged restrictions on their services due to coronavirus (COVID-19).
Round 3 of the Fund opens for applications on 7 April 2021. The deadline for submitting applications is 4 May 2021 at midnight.
Round 3 of the Fund has two elements, a standard Temporary Restrictions Fund (TRF) support grant and an additional restart grant.
Who is eligible for the fund?
Additional Restart Grant
Eligibity for the grants are as follows:
- All open school age childcare services will be able to access a support grant for each week in which they are open over the period 1 March to 26 March. The size of the grant will vary depending on the registered capacity of settings and how many weeks the setting was open; and
- All registered school age childcare services, whether open or closed, will also be able to claim a one-off additional restart grant based on their capacity, to support reopening following the end of restrictions.
- This includes settings with combined ELC and SAC services and larger childminding settings (registered to care for 12 or more children) which also remained restricted until 15 March.
Standard TRF Grant
Grants are allocated to the following school age childcare (SAC) services if they were open over the period from 1 – 26 March 2021:
- a school age childcare service registered as ‘day care of children’ and a ‘Private’ or ‘Voluntary or Not For Profit’ service; or
- a setting with combined ELC and SAC services (registered as ‘day care of children’ and a ‘Private’ or ‘Voluntary or Not For Profit’ service); or
- a ‘childminding service’ registered to care for 12 or more children at a time
- have a business bank account
- were not in financial difficulty before 31 December 2019, with the exception of micro and small businesses have not received support exceeding the €800,000 support ceiling under the COVID-19 Temporary Framework for UK measure
Services are asked to confirm each of the weeks in the period from 1-26 March that they were open, regardless of the fact that from 15 March they could reopen fully to all primary age children.
Level of grants
The grants are determined by the number of registered places that an eligible setting/service has with the Care Inspectorate.
The table below sets out the grant values for settings that were closed, and for settings that were open for 1 week; 2 weeks; 3 weeks; and in all weeks of the 4 week restrictions period.
These values also include the one-off Additional Restart Grant.
||Setting closed - Additional Restart Grant (ARG) only||Setting open 1 week + ARG||Setting open 2 weeks + ARG||Setting open 3 weeks +ARG||Setting open 4 weeks +ARG|
How to apply
The fund opened on 7 April 2021 and the last date for submitting a grant application for the first period of restriction will be 4 May 2021 at midnight.
Applicants are encouraged to read the FAQ’s below before completing the application form.
Applicants must provide with the application a scanned recent bank statement (detailing business transactions) or image of the nominated online account dated within 3 months of the application date.
Providers should also read the Privacy Notice before registering.
To apply to the Temporary Restrictions Fund:
Further information on the Temporary Restrictions Fund is also available at: Coronavirus (COVID-19): support to childcare sector
If you have further questions regarding the Fund please direct these to the Early Years Team at TRFund@aberdeencity.gov.uk