To ensure the health and wellbeing of our tenants, Aberdeen City Council’s Housing team, Aberdeen City Health & Social Care Partnership and Bon Accord Care are working together to monitor and manage the spread of the virus.
As we continue to navigate through the pandemic it is important to keep implementing the basic measures we know to keep ourselves and those that may still be vulnerable to COVID-19 safe. We must therefore continue to follow the Scottish Government’s general guidance to help ensure safety for all. To stay safe, you should:
- get the vaccine when you are offered it
- wear a face covering when moving around
- wash your hands regularly, and cover your nose and mouth if coughing or sneezing
- self isolate and take a PCR test if you have symptoms
- take regular tests if you don’t have symptoms to reduce the risk of spreading the virus
- meet outside if you can, and open windows when indoors
- keep your distance from people not in your group
Common rooms are now available for use and we ask that residents maintain safety by following the guidance set out above.
We will continue to clean the common room and you can assist maintaining cleanliness by wiping down areas before and after use with the antibacterial spray provided.
Where an outbreak occurs in a complex, this will result in the common room being closed.
Please note that activities organised and delivered by professionals may be subject to additional guidance, however these professionals will be responsible for applying their relevant guidance.
We are currently engaging with tenants in complexes where we have dining rooms and lunch is provided. In the meantime, arrangements are still in place to deliver these meals to tenant’s properties where required and information will be available on accessing community meals
Housing staff are available to offer advice and assistance to tenants and can be contacted by email or telephone 03000 200 292.
Contact details will be displayed on communal noticeboards and the Senior Carer will be able to provide this information