The aim of this fund is to mitigate the short-term financial challenges being experienced by businesses adversely impacted by restrictions and regulations introduced since October 2020 to control the spread of COVID-19. It enables individual local authorities to direct additional financial support to specific groups, sectors or businesses within their local area who are experiencing immediate financial challenges as a result of current restrictions and regulations and that have received limited direct financial support from the Scottish Government.
The priority for these grants is local smaller and micro businesses (i.e. those with fewer than 50 employees). SCIOs, charitable organisations and social enterprises are eligible, where they have a trading aspect to their organisation that has been adversely impacted by COVID-19 restrictions.
Sole traders, Partnerships or Limited Companies with no employees (excluding the Director and/or partner) are entitled to a one-off grant of £3,000.
Businesses registered as employers with employees at the time of application are entitled to a one-off grant of £5,000.
Please note this is a single payment per business. Businesses with multiple premises will only be eligible for one payment. This fund will be issued on a first come first served basis.
- Since March 2020 saw their trading income significantly impacted by COVID-19, by at least 30% of previous years income
- Be based or headquartered as a business within the Aberdeen City boundary
- Be able to demonstrate active trading in the run up to March 2020
- Be registered as a business before March 23rd 2020
- Have a business bank account. For sole traders and the self-employed, personal bank accounts are acceptable as long as statements can be provided that show transactions directly related to the business
If you have been awarded or are eligible for other funding
You should not apply for this fund if you are eligible for any scheme of support introduced or announced by Scottish Government since 1 October 2020, including:
- Coronavirus Strategic Framework Business Fund
- Taxi and Private Hire Driver Support Fund
- COVID-19 Museum Development Fund
- Hardship Fund for Creative Freelancers
- Scotland’s Events Recovery Fund
- Food and Drink Resilience Wholesale Fund
- wedding and events venues and accommodation providers fund
- Mobile Close Contact Services
- Bed and Breakfasts, guesthouses and self-catered accommodation
- travel agents
- tour operators
- indoor football centres
- coach and tour operators, visitor attractions, visitor accommodation hostels
Receipt of the Discretionary fund could impact your eligibility for the above sector specific schemes.
Employers that have been in receipt of the Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme or Individuals in receipt of the Income Support Scheme can still apply for this fund.
Businesses should check their eligibility for these schemes and apply to them (where relevant) before considering applying for a Discretionary Business Disruption Grant.
Further details on all of the new funding schemes are available at www.findbusinesssupport.gov.scot
How to Apply
The first round closed on Monday, 22 February 2021 at noon.
A second round will be announced shortly with revised guidelines.
Please note that due to the volume of applications anticipated we will not be able to provide updates on specific applications while in process.