Discretionary Funding – Third Round
The purpose of this fund is to provide support to local businesses that are experiencing immediate financial challenges as a result of the impacts of COVID-19 restrictions and regulations but have not been able to access the Strategic Framework or other business support.
The priority for support within this third round will be Tourism, Hospitality and Leisure businesses, including supply chain services and face to face businesses.
Individuals: (sole traders, partnerships or Limited Company with no employees other than other Directors, partners or a spouse as employee) one off grants of £2,500
Micro Business: (2-9 employees not including directors, partners, or spouses) One-off grants of £5,000
Small Business (10 to 49 employees) One-off grants £10,000
Medium Business (50 -250 employees) One-off grants £15,000
New Business: business that have been operating less than 12 months / unable to demonstrate losses in comparison to 2020/21 financial year One-off grants of £2,500
Please note this is a single payment per business. Businesses with multiple premises will only be eligible for one payment.
• Business has seen trading income significantly impacted by COVID-19, in comparison to the previous year’s trading.
• Primary base of operations and/ or Corporate headquarters are within the Aberdeen City boundary.
• Have a business bank account. For sole traders and the self-employed, personal bank accounts are acceptable, as long as statements can be provided to demonstrate transactions are business related.
• Be able to demonstrate active trading in the run up to March 2020*
• Be registered as a business before March 23rd 2020*
• *These criteria points do not apply to those submitting as a ‘new business’, to be eligible for new business support you must have begun trading in 2020.
• Must not have received any Covid-19 grant support since 1 October 2020, this includes grants from UK Government, Scottish Government and Aberdeen City Council (including previous Discretionary Funding).
Applications to the third round of the Discretionary Fund have now closed, no application received after this date will be considered.
Remaining funds will be allocated through the Business Transition Support Fund.
Business Transition Support Fund
A new Business Transition Fund is being established to support businesses to build back better from the impacts of the Pandemic, with a focus on solutions such as improving digital resilience, physical adaption, Net Zero improvements/energy efficiencies or other interventions which will support their recovery as well as attract and retain talent.
The purpose of the fund is to support businesses who are not able, due to immediate financial pressures, to adapt to new ways of working or to make investment towards remaining competitive in a post Covid-19 economy.
Up to £30k for businesses who are affected financially by the pandemic and limits their ability to trade as a result e.g. implementation of new systems, new ways of working, new plant, investment in green technology to reduce costs and create greater efficiencies.
Any Aberdeen business interested in transition support at this time are asked to register their interest by email at the address below.
This funding is part of the Scottish Government’s £120 million Discretionary Fund to local authorities to provide additional support for businesses in their area who had limited support or no support from other Covid-19 funding schemes. Aberdeen City Council received £6 million and has disbursed just over £5 million to date to local businesses.
Please refer to the FAQ below first before contacting the team, most queries will be covered there.
Please also note that due to the volume of applications anticipated we will not be able to provide updates on specific applications while in process. If you do contact us please include your application reference number and your specific question and we will do our best to have an answer for you when we respond.