Performing animals licence

Yes. This means that you will be able to act as though your application is granted if you have not heard from the local authority by the end of the target completion period.

Please contact the Animal Welfare team in the first instance.

Please contact the Animal Welfare team in the first instance.

We would always advise that in the event of a complaint the first contact is made with the trader by you - preferably in the form a letter (with proof of delivery). If that has not worked, if you are located in the UK, the Citizens Advice Bureau will give you advice. From outside the UK contact the UK European Consumer Centre .

A police officer or officer of the local authority may make a complaint to the Sheriff magistrates' court if they feel that animals have been subject to cruelty.

If you exhibit, use or train performing animals in Scotland, you must be registered with your local authority. Applications must contain details about the animals and the performances they are to take part in.

For advice on animal welfare or to submit an application

Contact us
Did you find what you were looking for?

Status message

Please note, this form is anonymous, we can't reply directly to your feedback. If you would like to report an issue, make a complaint or suggestion, please Contact Us.