Before an application can be made for a new Liquor Licence an applicant must obtain the appropriate Section 50 Food Hygiene Certificate as to the suitability of the premises to meet food hygiene requirements. It is strongly advised that legal representation is sought for preparation of the application.
Applicants should particularly note that the following details requiring to be submitted with the application :
- Wall, floor and ceiling finishes of all food rooms;
- Food and liquor storage areas;
- The layout of any kitchens, serveries, bars or food preparation and service areas together with details of equipment to be provided, including sinks, wash hand basins and any other washing facilities;
- Number and location of WCs, urinals and wash hand basins in public and staff sanitary accommodation;
- Details of inlet and extract ventilation to food rooms and sanitary accommodation;
- Details of hot and cold water supplies;
- Details of artificial lighting;
- Staff cloak areas, and
- Refuse storage facilities.