The Licensing Board may grant a Club Gaming Permit to members’ clubs (but not commercial clubs). A Club Gaming Permit authorises the provision of:
- Up to 3 gaming machines of category B, C or D (in any combination)
- Equal chance gaming
- Prescribed games of chance
The Licensing Board cannot add conditions to the permit but the following will automatically apply:
- Only members or guests of members may participate in the gaming
- Nobody under the age of 18 has access to a category B or C gaming machine and
- The club complies with any codes of practice issued by the Gambling Commission about the location and operation of its gaming machines.
A Club Gaming Permit will allow clubs to offer gaming facilities as detailed above in addition to those they are allowed to offer under their exempt gaming allowance (Sections 269 & 270 of the Act).