Apply for a wild and dangerous animal licence
A licence is needed to keep a wild or dangerous animal.
An application will consider:
- Type of animal to be kept.
- Number of animals to be kept.
- Whether you intend to breed the animals.
- Suitability of accommodation, food and drink.
- Accommodation is secure to prevent escaping.
- That the animal is visited and exercised at suitable intervals.
- That it will not be contrary to the public interest on the grounds of safety, nuisance or otherwise.
- Steps taken to prevent spread of disease.
- Adequate fire and emergency provisions.
The premises will be inspected by an approved officer and vet before a licence is granted.
A fee of £262.65 will be charged on submission of an application. You will need a credit or debit card available to make payment.
There will be an additional cost to cover vet fees. This will not be payable on submission of the application, but at a later date once a site visit is conducted.
You must not be disqualified from keeping any dangerous wild animals.
You must be 18 years of age or older.
You must hold an appropriate valid insurance policy.
Would you like to give feedback about the website?