Businesses in Aberdeen can now benefit from UK Government grants of up to £3000 to get gigabit broadband installed as part of a £2 million trial taking place in four areas around the UK. Businesses can read more about the scheme and find suppliers on the Gigabit Voucher website.
Suppliers are offering vouchers worth between £500 and £3000 each to local businesses which can then be used to pay for the installation of gigabit speed connections. The aim of the pilot is to encourage the market to extend full fibre infrastructure in the UK by increasing demand and reducing the cost to customers.
The many benefits of a full fibre gigabit connection include:
- allowing businesses to upload and download massive files in a matter of seconds
- enabling widespread use of videoconferencing throughout an organisation
- providing an unprecedented level of reliability whilst greatly enhancing resilience
- future proofing - making sure that businesses have the technology in place to deal with the ever-increasing demands for internet speed and connectivity
- allowing businesses in remote communities to compete on a technologically level playing field with those companies based in major cities who may already have full fibre connectivity