Situated in Aberdeen Registrars' Office in Marischal College, family history research can be undertaken with the help of the Registrar. Birth, Death and Marriage records for the whole of Scotland from 1855 to the present date are held on computer. Census results from 1841-1911, and Baptism and Marriages in the Old Parochial Registers covering the whole of Scotland from 1554-1854 are also held on computer. These can also be searched with help from the Registrar.
Access to the birth, death and marriage registers in Aberdeen is available by booking a 'particular' or 'computer' search.
- A particular search requested in person at Marischal College is conducted by staff on your behalf and costs £5 per entry. If you have more than four entries to view then it is advisable to book a computer search.
- A computer search gives the user access to the whole of Scotland's births, deaths and marriages on computer, 1855 to the present, with digital images available. This can be booked on an hourly basis costing £20 per hour.
To book an hourly session, call 03000 200 292 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Search Room times from 1 February 2017 will be:
- Monday: 9.30am to 11.30am and 2.30pm to 4.30pm
- Tuesday: 9.30am to 11.30am
- Wednesday: 2.30pm to 4.30pm
- Thursday: 9.30am to 11.30am
- Friday: 9.30am to 11.30am
Bookings must be made in advance.
Searches may also be requested by post or email. We will conduct an hour search on the computer and send you the digital images. The charge for this is £20 per hour.
Extracts of entries may be ordered during a computer search for £10. Extracts ordered at Marischal College by mail or telephone cost £15 per entry. Payment can be made over the phone, at Marischal College with Cheque or debit/credit card; or by post with a postal/money order or Cheque, in sterling pounds only.
If you require more information about this service, please email email@example.com or call 03000 200 292.