Booking your wedding

To make a booking, you first need to decide on a wedding date and choose from the rooms available or the licensed venues available. Don't forget that you can visit the rooms at the Town House first if you wish, by contacting the Town Sergeants' Office to make an appointment.

Once you've done this, you can make a booking with the Registrar, either by telephone or by calling in at the registration office.

The Statutory Marriage Notice forms must be submitted to the appropriate Registration Office no later than 29 days before the ceremony. These forms can be obtained from any Scottish Registration Office or you can download a copy of the marriage notice form (Form M10). You will also need to fill out our marriage registration form, to give the full names (including any middle names) and home addresses of your two witnesses.

When submitting the completed marriage notice form you will be requested to provide your birth certificate for verification and additional documents depending on marital status and nationality.

A £25 non-refundable and non-transferrable deposit is payable to secure the date. You will be requested to pay the full balance of the Marriage Fees when you complete and return the statutory marriage notice forms.

If the wedding is cancelled, only part of the fees are refundable. The Registrar will arrange for reimbursement to be made to you transferred into your bank account.

Contact the Registrars team

Contact us

Would you like to give feedback about the website?