Situated in Aberdeen Registrars' Office in Marischal College, family history research can be undertaken with the help of a Registrar. You can access:
- Birth, death and marriage records for the whole of Scotland from 1855 to the present day
- Census results from 1841-1911, and
- Baptism and marriages in the Old Parochial Registers covering the whole of Scotland from 1554-1854.
Access to the birth, death and marriage registers in Aberdeen is available by booking a 'particular' or 'general' search.
- A particular search requested in person at Marischal College is conducted by staff a Registrar on your behalf and costs £5 per entry. If you have more than four entries to view then it is advisable to book a general search.
- A general search gives the user access to the whole of Scotland's births, deaths and marriages on computer, with digital images available. This can be booked on an hourly basis costing £20 per hour.
To book an hourly session, call 01224 522 616 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Bookings must be made in advance.
General searches can also be requested by post or email. We will conduct a search on the computer on your behalf and send you the digital images. The charge for this is £20 per hour.
Extracts of entries may be ordered during a general search for £10. Extracts can also be ordered online for a fee of £15.
If you require more information about this service, please email email@example.com or call 01224 522 616.