Aberdeen City Council works with housing developers to provide waste and recycling facilities for new properties. To ensure that the appropriate facilities can be put in place, site managers should contact the Waste and Recycling Technical Support Officer - Planning and Performance through the Contact Centre on 03000 200 292 or at email@example.com a minimum of one month before new properties are occupied.
The Technical Support Officer - Planning and Performance will oversee the implementation of waste and recycling services for the new development.
Roles and responsibilities
Technical Support Officer - Planning and Performance
- Arranging delivery of bins.
- Sending information out to residents.
- Arranging for waste and recycling collections to start on an agreed date.
- Contact Aberdeen City Council one month before properties are occupied.
- Meet to agree a plan and timeframe.
- Provide payment for bins.
- Arrange to provide 8 copies of fobs and keys for gaining access to the site and/or locked bin stores, as necessary.
- Provide any other necessary information.
Once waste and recycling collections have started, the Recycling Officers will monitor new bins for six weeks to ensure a smooth introduction of services.
Please see the document below for more information:
The current prices for general waste, mixed recycling and food and garden waste bins are set out below.
|Type of bin||Cost|
|140l/ 180l / 240l||£35.00|
We charge for delivery if you order fewer than 10 bins at one time.
There will be no delivery charge for orders of 10 or more bins.