Contact the Waste and Recycling teamContact us
Your general waste bin must be out for collection by 7am on your scheduled day.
Your general waste bin is for the disposal of any household waste that cannot be reused or recycled.
- All waste must fit in the bin with the lid closed.
- Don't leave any excess waste on the street next to the bin.
- Please do not put any of the following in your bin: hot ashes, rubble or soil, corrosive materials or liquids including paint, stones or large solid objects. All these can be taken to a recycling centre for disposal.
- Remember to remove the bin from the kerbside as soon as is practical once it's been emptied.
- If you are unable to put your bin out yourself, we may be able to offer assisted collections.
Households are entitled to one general waste bin. You can apply for an additional black wheelie bin if your household has:
- 5 or more permanent residents.
- 1 or more permanent residents with special circumstances which cause them to produce excess waste.
- 2 or more children under the age of three in nappies.
We can only accept your application if you make full use of your mixed recycling bin and your food and garden waste bin. As part of the application, one of our Recycling Officers will contact you to carry out a recycling assessment.
There is a charge of £35 (including VAT) for an additional bin. A 50% discount is available if you receive Council Tax Benefit or Housing Benefit. You will need to quote your benefit reference number on the application form. There is no charge if you need an additional bin due to a medical condition or disability.
Please do not leave any extra black bags or large items at the side of the bin because we will not be able to collect them. If you have excess waste or a large item that will not fit in the bin, you can:
Would you like to give feedback about the website?