Contact the Waste and Recycling teamContact us
Items accepted for bulky waste collection
Standard household items
Any items that need to be connected to any power or water supply must be disconnected before the collection can be done. Any item that requires liquid fuel to power it must have fuel removed prior to collection.
- Electrical items
- Internal doors
Items with additional charges
For all the following items and for large items that are over 6ft by 6ft in size please call the Waste and Recycling service on 03000 200 292 for advice and pricing. Large items should be dismantled where possible.
- American style fridge-freezers
- Kitchen units
- Bathroom suite (toilet, bath, sink)
- All carpets
- Sheds and greenhouses (must be dismantled)
- Industrial BBQ/grills
- Sun bed without tubes – tubes must be taken to the Recycling Centre at East Tullos or Grove.
- Built in cupboards
- Window frames (without the glass)
- Garden toys (e.g. slides, sandpits)
Items which can't be collected
Restrictions due to health and safety legislation means we can't collect any of the following items:
- Builder’s rubble and materials
- Car engines
- Central heating boiler
- Glass and shards of glass
- Liquids of any type, e.g. paints, varnishes, oils (fuels required to power any items must be removed before collection)
- Tree stumps
- Gas cylinders
Would you like to give feedback about the website?