Find out about benefits and support
Our Benefits and Money Advice team can provide a quick, free benefits check. Call us on 03000 200 292.
(select option 3 for council tax then 4 for benefits and advice)
Alternatively the following external websites offer benefits calculators:
- More information about the benefit cap.
- Carers Allowance: claim online or phone 0345 608 4321
Children and families
- Child Benefit: claim online or phone 0345 302 1444
- Tax Credits: calculate entitlement online, then phone 0345 300 3900
- Disability Living Allowance for children: claim online, to apply call 0800 882 200, enquiries call 0345 712 3456
- Income Support: phone 0800 055 6688
- Free school meals: If you would like to apply for free school meals please download and complete the form
- School clothing grant: If you would like to apply for a school clothing grant please download and complete the form
- Visit our crisis information page
- Scottish Welfare Fund: visit Scottish Welfare Fund, phone 0800 03 04 713, or apply online.
- Personal Independence Payment (PIP): applications call 0800 917 2222, enquiries call 0345 850 3322
- Employment Support Allowance (ESA): claim online, to apply call 0800 055 6688, enquiries call 0345 6088 545
- Education Maintenance Allowance (EMA): request an application from your school. More information.
- Pension advice is available from the Money Advice Service
- State pensions: online calculator, claim online, download application, or phone 0800 731 7898
- Pension Credit: call 0800 99 1234
- Attendance Allowance (disabilities): download application form or phone 0345 605 6055
Housing and council tax
- Council Tax reduction
- Housing Benefit
- Local Housing Allowance
- Discretionary Housing Payments (DHP)
Would you like to give feedback about the new website?