This one-day seminar/ workshop is being delivered as part of the Union Street Conservation Area Regeneration Scheme (CARS).
The day will be a based around talks and practical demonstrations with opportunities for optional hands-on work, led by Neil Grieve and Craig Frew.
Tickets are free but must be booked in advance.
This seminar/ workshop is suitable for stakeholders of the historic built environment including but not limited to; building contractors, professionals and those who are planning to undertake work to an historic roof.
The following areas of traditional roofing & slating will be covered:
• Aberdeen’s traditional roofs
• Roof structures; joinery
• Roof coverings; slate, tile, lead etc.
• Scottish slate and slating practice
• Lead sheet in roofing
• Repair and maintenance of roof structures; joinery repairs
• Repair and maintenance of roof coverings; slate, tile and lead repair/ replacement
• Roof-level masonry; chimneys, skew stones, crowsteps, parapets etc.
• Cast iron rainwater goods and the impact of climate change.
For more information and to book a place, please see Eventbrite.