Speech, Language and Communication Needs (SLCN) and Children in Conflict with the Law
Multi Agency Training
- Raise awareness of the practicalities of SLCNs for Children in Conflict with the Law
- Improve knowledge and understanding around the impact of trauma and adversity for children with communication needs
- Consider how justice systems and processes can be safe, supportive and accessible for all children and young people
- Explore how practitioners can uphold the rights of children with SLCN’s
- What does it feel like to have communication support needs?
- What does typical Speech and Language Development look like?
- Impact and why this matters
- Introduce tools that can support understanding of a child's individual needs and to assessing environments from a SLCN perspective.
Please note this training is available to workers within Aberdeen City. This is in person training at Westburn Resource Centre. On street parking is available, please do not park in the centres car park or Clan's car park.