Multi Agency Parental Resistance Training
Multi Agency Training
This training is for professionals working in Aberdeen City.
Training will take place via MS Teams.
During this multi-agency training session, we will define parental resistance and discuss the different forms it can take. We will discuss the impact parental resistance can have on both children and professionals and cover 5 different styles of conflict management. We will then break out into groups and discuss examples of parental resistance cases before coming back to discuss support for the team around the child and ways of managing resistance.
The aims of this training are:
- To promote the use of the concept of RESISTENCE rather than disguised compliance.
- To raise awareness of why parental resistance matters in child protection.
- To increase skills and confidence to tackle resistance in partnership with families.
- To promote multi-agency working to help tackle parental resistance.
- To identify resources for practitioners to use to help manage parental/carer resistance.