GIRFEC Training for Practitioners - ALLIANCE
Multi Agency Training
Getting it right for every child (GIRFEC) aims to provide all children, young people and families with the right support at the right time – so that every child and young person in Scotland can reach their full potential.
This training is split over 2 dates, you MUST be able to attend both training dates to complete this course. Please do not sign up if you are not able to attend both training dates.
The dates you must be free are:
- Tuesday 19th March 10am – 12pm for Session 1
- Tuesday 26th March 10am – 12pm for Session 2
The ALLIANCE’s Children and Young People programme are hosting GIRFEC training to professionals working across Aberdeen City to strengthen they ways in which they support children and young people. The sessions are split into two parts with the hope that by the end of session two, participants will have:
- An increased knowledge and understanding of GIRFEC
- Understand how to use the GIRFEC toolkit
- Understand how to promote children and young people’s wellbeing by using the GIRFEC approach
- Have access to ALLIANCE GIRFEC materials and know where to find sources of support.
Through inputs and group discussions, session 1 will focus on:
- Values and principles
- Scottish Government refresh
- Named person
- Lead professional
- Wellbeing Wheel
And, session 2 will focus on:
- National Practice Model
- Child’s plan
- My World Triangle
- Resilience Matrix
A full agenda and training pack will be sent out one week prior to the session.
Please email GIRFEC@alliance-scotland.org.uk should you have any requirements that will allow you to fully participate in the session.
Please note that the information you use to sign up to this training course will be shared with trainers from ALLIANCE.