Aberdeen Art Gallery is a winner of Art Fund Museum of the Year 2020 and we’re sharing our award with Aberdeen’s creative community. We invite creative practitioners with AB postcodes (artists, makers, musicians, dancers, designers, writers and performers) to submit proposals for micro-commissions to make new work that responds to the collection through explorations of identity, intersectionality and representation.
We use the term micro-commissions to set the scene for all involved – the finished works might be small scale, and the time spent developing and producing does not have to be long and drawn out - this is a chance for you to respond quickly to this opportunity.
Round 2 will open on Monday 5 April, the information and application documents are below:
Deadline for submissions: Sunday 9 May 2021, 23.59hrs
Micro-Commissions Round 2 - Q+A Session
Tuesday 13 April, 6-7.30pm
The Q&A session will take place in Microsoft Teams.
Before the session:
- Smartphone and tablet users will need to download and install the free Microsoft Teams app
- If you’re using a desktop PC or laptop, we recommend that you download and install this software in order to optimise your experience.
Joining the online event:
- The event will start at 18:00 (GMT) on Tuesday 13 April and we advise that you join a few minutes beforehand. You will be admitted from the virtual lobby at 18:00.
- NOTE: the Q&A session will be recorded and shared via our YouTube channel for anyone who cannot attend.
- Your mic will be automatically muted but when joining please make sure your camera is also off so everyone can have the best experience.
- We will invite participants to turn your cameras on after the introductions from the micro-commissions team if you want to.
- From that point you can ask any questions in the chat function, or use the “raise hand” option to speak to us directly.
Click here to join the meeting on your computer or mobile app
Or call in (audio only)
+44 20 3443 9692,,154283328# United Kingdom, London
Phone Conference ID: 154 283 328#
Micro-Commissions Round 1 - Q+A
Head of Collections Helen Fothergill, Lead Curator Madeline Ward and Learning Manager Rachel Thibbotumuwe, with Mae and Hanna of the Hysteria Aberdeen collective. The panel talks about the micro-commission opportunity and answers any questions about the application process.