Frequently Asked Question

I think that my Rateable Value is too high. How can I appeal against it?

The Grampian Assessor is responsible for setting the Rateable Value of your property and any enquires about your valuation should be sent in writing to The Grampian Assessor, Woodhill House, Westburn Road, Aberdeen, AB16 5GE or e-mail No payment or part payment of rates should be withheld pending the outcome of any appeal made to the Assessor. You should continue to pay as normal and if the appeal is successful, you will be refunded any overpayment of rates.