Frequently Asked Question

I want to become a childminder. What do I need to do?

For more information on how to become a registered childminder contact:

Social Care And Social Work Improvement Scotland (Care Inspectorate)

Phone: 0845 600 9527
Care Inspectorate website

Scottish Childminding Association (SCMA)

Phone: 01224 764739
SCMA website

Family Information Service (FIS). All enquiries are confidential.

Text: 07825 053136

All telephone enquiries: (Monday to Friday 10am - 4pm)

Phone: 03000 200 293 option 6

Website: FIS website