Frequently Asked Question

Will I be entitled to an EMA?

Those born between 01/03/1998 and 30/09/2001 can receive the 2017/2018 EMA from August 2017(apply now). Those born between 01/10/2001 and 28/02/2002 can receive the 2017/2018 EMA from January 2018. The household income assessed for EMA purposes is the same as that used by the Inland Revenue for assessing Tax Credits (i.e. gross taxable household income). To be paid an EMA by Aberdeen City Council you must have a bank account in your own name and attend an Aberdeen City area school. Students must be ordinarily resident in the UK. Generally this relates to the qualifying date and the 3 years immediately before.