Frequently Asked Question

What is a Placing Request?

Every Council school, both primary and secondary, is assigned a geographical area usually referred to as the school's 'delineated area', or sometimes called the 'catchment area'. Places within each school are normally offered to pupils who live within that delineated area. However, parents also have the right to request a place for their child in another school of their own choosing and, assuming there is space, this request will usually be granted.