Waste and recycling facilities for new housing developments
Aberdeen City Council works with housing developers to provide waste and recycling facilities for new properties. In order to ensure that the appropriate facilities can be put in place, site managers should email the Waste and Recycling Team on firstname.lastname@example.org a minimum of two months before new properties are occupied.
A Recycling Officer will be assigned to the development and will oversee the implementation of all new waste and recycling services.
Roles and responsibilities
Recycling Officers will implement new waste and recycling services including:
- Arranging delivery of bins.
- Sending information out to residents.
- Arranging for waste and recycling collections to start on an agreed date.
Site managers will:
- Contact the Waste and Recycling Team two months before properties are occupied.
- Meet with the Recycling Officer to agree a plan and timeframe.
- Provide payment for communal bins, as necessary.
- Arrange to provide copies of fobs for gaining access to the site, as necessary.
- Provide the Recycling Officer with any other necessary information.
Once waste and recycling collections have started, the Recycling Officers will monitor new bins for six weeks to ensure a smooth introduction of services.