In my area
Use the Aberdeen City Council Interactive Mapping service to explore your local area
Christmas Tree Collections
Households with wheeled bins
- We will collect your tree from the kerbside on your general refuse
day between Monday 7th and Friday 18th January 2013.
- Please put your tree out, beside your black bin, by 7am on your normal
collection day. Please note that different vehicles will empty your bin
and pick up your tree so they may be collected at different times.
Communal bins - both on and off street
- See the list of On Street Recycling bins.
- Collections begin on Monday 7th January 2013 for addresses on and south of Beach Boulevard, Justice Street, Castlegate, Union Street, Albyn Place, Queens Road and Skene Road.
- Collections begin on Wednesday 9th January 2013 for all addresses north of the above.
- Please leave your tree by your communal bin or beside your
communal enclosure, allowing access for the use and emptying
of the bins.
Households with food and garden waste bins
- Residents with this service can put their Christmas tree in their brown
bin provided the tree is cut down to fit in the bin with the lid closed.
- See all Recycling Centres.
- Christmas trees can also be recycled at any of the four Household Waste and Recycling Centres in the city. Winter opening hours are:
Monday to Friday (including Public Holidays) 10am to 4.45pm
Saturday and Sunday 9am to 4.45pm
Please note that the centres are closed on Christmas Day and New Year's Day
Outwith these dates residents should request a Special/Bulky Collections. There may be a charge for this.
- Tel.: 08456 08 09 19 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Back to the Festive Waste Aware Aberdeen page.