Resources for teachers and students
We have created teacher's packs on key topics in recycling, which give you all the information you need to cover the topic in class. Each pack includes a set of teacher's notes, plus activities and worksheets that can be used in the classroom. We will be adding more resources to this section, so please check back soon or contact us if there is a particular topic that you would like information on.
Nursery Primary 2
- Food Recycling and Composting Teachers' Pack (PDF 2.5MB)
Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Teachers' Pack (PDF 4.7MB)
Primary 2 Primary 4
- Food Recycling and Composting Teachers' Pack (PDF 2.4MB)
- Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Teachers' Pack (PDF 2.0MB)
Primary 5 Primary 7
- Food Recycling and Composting Teachers' Pack (PDF 1.4MB)
- Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Teachers' Pack(PDF 902kb)
We have also developed a pack for teachers with lots of ideas for activities focusing on reuse. This was created to tie in with Pass It On Week in March 2015, but can be used at any time. Pass It On Week was organised by Zero Waste Scotland to encourage people to get involved with all kinds of reuse activity and tackle the huge amount of reusable items that are sent to landfill every year.
- Download the Pass It On Week Teachers' Pack. There is also a PowerPoint presentation to accompany this, please contact us if you'd like a copy.
- Download the Reuse Worksheet Nursery-P2
- Download the Reuse Worksheet P4-P7
This is a round up of the best educational resources about waste and recycling that we have found on the web. If you have any suggestions for things we can add to this section, or if you find a broken link, please contact us to let us know. We will be adding more to this section soon, so please check back.
Information for Students
- Where It Goes - find out what happens to your waste.
- Games, quizzes and videos about electronic waste recycling.
- Recycle More School Zone
- Activities for primary school students from Recycle More.
- Activities for secondary school students from Recycle More.
- Captain Busta needs your help to save the planet by recycling!
- Meet the Waste Busters - Penny Paper, Pedro Plastic, Gordon Glass and all the gang!
Information for Teachers
- Download Teachers' Resource Packs from SITA UK (registration required).
- Find out more about the Eco Schools Programme.
- Recycle More School Zone.
- Resources for primary school teachers from Recycle Now.
- Resources for secondary school teachers from Recycle Now.
- Resources designed to help teachers creatively explore waste in the curriculum from Waste Buster.
- Find out more about the Salvation Army's Recycle with Michael textile recycling scheme.
- Information from Terracycle about collections of waste types that are hard to recycle.
- Educational resources about aluminium can recycling from Think Cans.
- Resources for lessons about a Waste Time Line, Landfill and Food and Garden Waste.
- Ideas for assemblies focusing on recycling and waste.
- Information about Battery Recycling for Schools.
- Information about recycling electrical items from Repic Recycling.
- Download the Little Rotters Composting Handbook.
Back to the Educational resources on waste and recycling home page.