Bridge of Dee Study - STAG Part 2: Methodology and Programme
The Stag Part 2 Appraisal was completed in January 2017
The first phase of the STAG process is complete and has been reported in STAG Report Volume 1 and 2 of 4: Pre-appraisal and STAG Part 1. This methodology outlines and presents the work that has been undertaken to complete the STAG Part 2 Appraisal phase of work.
For a copy of the Methodology and Programme note please click on the following links.
To confirm, the options that have been taken forward from STAG Part 1 Appraisal to STAG Part 2 Appraisal are:
- Concept 6: Additional upstream crossing (including variants)
- Concept 6b: As Concept 6 with the addition of Inchgarth Road/A93 Link Road
- Concept 7: Additional Adjacent Crossing
Concept 8 (widening of the Bridge of Dee) and Concept 9 (replacement of the Bridge of Dee) are retained, but are considered less desirable due to their impact on the Bridge of Dee Category A Listed Building and for Concept 8, its potential to impact on the River Dee Special Area of Conservation. These options will only be considered in the event that other alternatives are not considered viable and are therefore not included in this phase at present.
The methodology will be in line with the STAG Part 1 Appraisal Guidance Note (01/01/2012).
STAG Part 2 Appraisal Summary Tables will be prepared for each option assessed, detailing the findings in respect of:
- Accessibility and Social Inclusion
- Cost to Government
- Risk and Uncertainty
Information in respect of particular tasks undertaken is provided below.
STAG Part 2 Reports
The Bridge of Dee Study Report Volume 3 of 4 Part 2 Appraisal along with Option Summary Tables (OST) and Appraisal Summary Tables (AST) were completed in January 2017 and are available at the following links along with the report to the Aberdeen City Council - Communities, Housing and Infrastructure Committee in January 2017:
- Bridge of Dee STAG Report Volume 3 of 4: Part 2 Appraisal
- Bridge of Dee Study STAG Part 1 Option Summary Table: Concept 6
- Bridge of Dee Study STAG Part 1 Option Summary Table: Concept 6b
- Bridge of Dee Study STAG Part 1 Option Summary Table: Concept 7
- Bridge of Dee Study STAG Part 1 Appraisal Summary Table: Concept 6
- Bridge of Dee Study STAG Part 1 Appraisal Summary Table: Concept 6a
- Bridge of Dee Study STAG Part 1 Appraisal Summary Table: Concept 7
- ACC Communities, Housing and Infrastructure: Committee Report 24 January 2017
- ACC Communities, Housing and Infrastructure: Committee Decision Item 34
Supporting documents that feed into the STAG part 1 Appraisal report can be found at the following links:
- Bridge of Dee Study - STAG Part 2 Appraisal: Preliminary Source Study
- Bridge of Dee Study - STAG Part 2 Appraisal: Environmental Assessment
- Bridge of Dee Study - STAG Part 2 Appraisal: Engineering Assessment
- Bridge of Dee Study - STAG Part 2 Appraisal: Public Exhibition Consultation
- Bridge of Dee Study - STAG Part 2 Appraisal: Safety, Economy, Integration and Accessibility
- Bridge of Dee Study - STAG Part 2 Appraisal: Structures Options
- Bridge of Dee Study - STAG Part 2 Appraisal: Cycle Audit
- Bridge of Dee Study - STAG Part 2 Appraisal: Habitat Regulation Appraisal
- Bridge of Dee Study - STAG Part 2 Appraisal: Monitoring and Evaluation
Appendices associated with the above documents can be found at the following link:
An update of the stakeholder mapping exercise was also undertaken, with a particular focus on landowners who may be affected by the proposals. Subsequent to this exercise, public exhibition events were held at three local venues during May 2016 with the exhibition material also being made available online.
Details of the public consultation held during 2016 can be found at the following link:
At its meeting on 24 January 2017 Aberdeen City Council's Communities, Housing and Infrastructure Committee agreed that a review of the concepts under consideration should be undertaken no sooner that a period of 6 months after the opening of the Aberdeen Western Peripheral Route to enable any changes in traffic patterns to be accurately assessed. It also agreed that proposals for a four lane bridge should be investigated to the same level of detail as the other concepts and this work will be progressed during 2017.
A full list of the Committee decisions can be found above in the STAG Part 2 Reports section or on the front page of the Council website.
Updates will continue to be posted on these web pages as the study progresses.
Any comments on the above layouts can be made in writing with the heading "Bridge of Dee Study" to the address detailed on the first page or can alternatively be emailed to us at firstname.lastname@example.org making sure the subject heading contains the words "Bridge of Dee Study".
Back to the Access From the South Proposals page.